Frozen Popcorn Snowballs
Because is already December (we can’t believe it!) and our favorite snack is still popcorn, we have this sweet, crunchy and gooey popcorn snowballs for you.
You can eat this snack with your kids while watching their favorite movie and your day will be simply amazing.
- ½ c. popcorn kernels
- 3 tbsp. canola oil
- ½ c. sugar
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 5 c. mini marshmallows
- ¼ Tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. M&Ms
- sprinkles or peanuts (optional)
- Place a heavy bottom dutch oven or saucepan over medium heat. Add the oil and popcorn and stir the kernels so that they are evenly coated. When the oil becomes hot and sizzles, add the sugar. Shake the pot or pan until the first few kernels pop. Place the lid on top and continue gently shaking back and forth while the remaining kernels pop. Once the popcorn stops, remove from heat and place into a large mixing bowl to cool.
- Next, in a small saucepan over medium heat, add the butter and marshmallows. Stir continuously until the marshmallows are melted. Remove from heat and add the salt and vanilla extract.
- Pour over the popcorn and coat evenly. Add M&Ms, sprinkles or nuts.
- Cover your hands with a light layer butter or coconut oil. Form the popcorn mixture into 3" balls. Set them on a piece of wax (or parchment) paper to cool completely, about 30 minutes.